23 March 2009

That Traditional Family Supper

After posting my last blog, I realized that I should give visuals of the big traditional meal/birthday celebration we had when my parents were visiting. Man, these Phokungwanes can celebrate!
Braaied chicken, red gravy, cabbage salad, beetroot, boiled cabbage salad, pap, rice, green beans and potatoes, potato salad, carrot salad, and butternut.
The whole family... the people who take such good care of me in Metz. I love these people. Behind the table from left: Magdelin (MmaDiapo's older brother, Daniel's, wife), Margaret (Maria's daughter), Lethabo (Margaret's granddaughter), Maite (Margaret's daughter, mother to Karabo and Lethabo), Linda (MmaDiapo's younger brother, Leshabane's, wife (he died in 2004), Grace (MmaDiapo's younger sister), Salome (MmaDiapo's younger sister), Charlie (Flora's son), MmaPula (MmaDiapo's younger brother's wife). Front from left:Kori (Grace's son), Karabo (Maite's daughter), Flora (Salome's daughter), Maria (MmaDiapo's older sister), and MmaDiapo.

No comments: