21 March 2009

Many Thanks to Those Schilling Stallions!


My friend Tamiko is a teacher and, in general, a really, really good person. Last fall I became pen pals with her 3rd grade class and it's been a lot of fun writing letters, answering questions, searching for the perfect postcards on my travels, and trying to think up what little goodies I can send them from South Africa. We've talked about our favorite foods, how I'm not like the Megan on the show "Drake and Josh" because she's not very nice, what animals I see, what our favorite animals are, what our favorite colors are, what we do on the weekends, how our holidays were, the weather, and our families. This past week, I had a great surprise at the post office when I found a big envelope containing, not only replies to my last batch of letters with many hearts drawn especially for me for Valentine's Day, but also my very own Schilling Stallions shirt! How cool is that? Thanks for working with me on this, Tamiko!
Here are some excerpts from some of the letters:
*"And I liked your letter and your letter made me happy. When my teacher said,"Megan gave us a letter We all yelled "WOO".
{In response to a picture I sent of a hippo} And when I look at the hippo it looks like they are eating the sun."-Anahi
*"T.C.C.I.C Means Take. Care. Cause. I. Care. Soooo, What do you do when you're not helping people? Ya know, for fun?"- Karla
*"Dear Megan, thanks for writing back. and is it cold on winter? If it is please tell me. and sorry that I don't write more but I'm not a writing person." -Juan
*"Dear Megan, How is South Africa? Is it a desert over there? Did it rain when you got there? How did you survive?!!" - Rudy
*"Dear Megan, What is your favorite cartoon? Is it Sponge Bob or the magic school bus?"-Ximena

1 comment:

Tamiko said...

YAY! I'm so glad you got the shirt. I forgot to write that the hippo-looking cartoon guy on our t-shirt is supposed to be a stallion, but we went with it because the 6th grader who drew it was talented. :)

They LOVE writing to you and wish that we could get the snail mail to you more quickly.

I can't wait to show them your picture wearing the shirt!!