17 March 2009

Stress Relief


The last week and a half has been insanely busy. The majority of my time has been rushing around trying to get things done by a deadline (and succeeding!)or sitting, waiting patiently (and then not so much), for someone to complete some task so I can start on the next step of things I need to do. One day at Kodumela (the NGO down the road), when I was at a loss for what I needed to next, I wandered outside and sat under the big Acacia tree (one of my favorite places in Metz). I sat there for a good half hour crocheting Granny Square after Granny Square for the afghan I'm making. It was nice quiet time. At some point, I looked up and my friend Reginah (Ree-jye-nah), who taught me how to do traditional beading a few months ago and works at Lafata Drop-in Center, was standing next to me looking over my shoulder. Within minutes I had surrendered my hook and had her try out the pattern I had been working. She knew every step, counted every stitch, and did it just right, made a perfect square, just by watching my hands work.

1 comment:

Tamiko said...

I love the picture of the acacia tree. I really wish I was able to visit you out there! Looks like you're doing some fulfilling things. Keep up the good work!!