12 July 2009

That's Our Girl


I've known this little girl her whole life. Sunday morning, at church, Lethabo took her first steps and then the whole afternoon, with all of us watching, she took more and more steps. It's like she's hitting major milestones all at once. She just turned 1 a couple of weeks ago, she's talking in a language that hopefully one day we'll all be able to understand, she calls me Mma (we're working on the Pula part), and she's walking. I took this photo just as she was starting to cry... along with growing up and doing all of these grown up things, she's also now afraid of the camera. Eish! Since I was in Pretoria on her first birthday I bought Maite a disposable camera to take photos with. She said she was curious as to how the pictures were going to turn out considering Lethabo cried every time the camera was brought out.