28 July 2009

The Gupta Hits The Metz


June is here! Yay! We got into the village last night and have had a good time watching my family prepare for the party, make traditional beer, laugh at me when I accidentally wore the "uniform" skirt that MmaDiapo made me for Saturday because I didn't understand it was for Saturday, hung world maps at drop-ins, met and hung out with Rejoice's family, went to the post office, ate peanut butter sandwiches, made a visit to the hospital to visit MmaKori, saw the dentist office where my African aunt, Linda, works as a dental assistant, visited Lafata and picked out beaded awesomeness, AND ate my favorite drop in center meal, samp and sugar beans. June is great.. so interested in everything and really grasping the language.

3 comments:

Peg said...

So glad June is there as the representative from our family in America! And wish I were there too!!

Tamiko said...

Wish I was there to meet all of the people I've heard about. Glad that June is there to see it firsthand! Thanks for sharing!

bronwyn said...

I wish I was there too! You guys sound like you're having a blast!