08 July 2009

Coping Mechanisms Two

I feel relief after typing out all those last asterisks. Relief and then in some ways, a little guilt. I want people to know the realities of here...but at the same time, I don't want people to focus on only the bad. There is good battling evil, trying to outweigh evil... there is... and some days I really have to remind myself of that. I need to look at a little kid who doesn't seem scared of me. I need to hug Charlie and Karabo, give them kisses on the cheek. I need to look up at the stars and the mountains when the sun has finally set. I need to read letters and emails from people I love and who love me. I need to have a group hug with the ladies at the bead project. I need to sit with MmaDiapo and have her tell me about the farm and how hard she worked that day. I need to have tea and Milo with Rejoice and Maite in the morning. I need to talk to Ledile, someone who totally gets it, and know that we're in this together. I need to send SMSes and buy airtime to talk to my fellow PCV's who also totally get it.

1 comment:

Tamiko said...

No need to feel guilty for sharing reality. Knowing this just makes me more in awe of how you've done this, and what you've experienced and what you're coming away with...

I'm glad you feel better after typing it out. Thanks as always for sharing!