15 April 2009

I'm now a close friend of Megan, we eat chocolates, popcorns, apples together

Maite (from Kodumela) wrote that in an email today. Cracks me up!
I look at this and it makes me feel better. The last night of our holiday, right before Keri went back to work, we made this huge bowl of popcorn "Rich Hodge" style, and I made tea in my new teapot. Isn't it great? I found it at a coffeeshop/pottery place in Pilgrim's Rest, Mpumalanga. I couldn't stop thinking about it and eventually decided to buy it, throwing all worries of how I'm going to get it home in one piece out the window. I'm using it to have some Rooibos right now. Yes, yes the spout is an elephant's trunk!
Today wasn't necessarily a bad day, not at all, but crying fits and bouts of loneliness don't always come on awful days. I think today is just that special time when some of the things I've been sittin' on for the last few days, weeks, oh 21 months, burst forth and I'm once again faced with a lot of stuff I thought I was OK with. It's fine. I say that cause that's how I'm going to move on and keep going and 'cause in a lot of ways it is fine. I mean crying, feeling lonely, it's all part of the experience and those are all natural reactions. Some "little" things floating around:
Yesterday marked exactly 5 months until I COS (close of service). 5 months. Yikes. That's still so far away, yet it's not enough to start a lot of new projects and work.
I know I'm going to have to say goodbye to even more volunteers in my group, I just know it.
The other shoe has dropped and some issues have come up in regards to me turning in my "resignation". This is going to be fun. Not really.
I am antsy and trying with all the energy I can muster to be present and not think too much about September.
I'm missing Dominique and Jack's wedding in one month and that hurts. Hurts a lot.
And that's all I got... well, all that I can write on here. I'm going to enjoy my teapot and try to get some sleep... tomorrow, because work is going to be light at the office the next few days, I'm going to start a posting extravaganza!

1 comment:

amanda said...

hey megan!! I LOVE the tea pot. It's awesome!

It won't be that hard to get back . . . wrap it in any clothing that you are taking back. I've gotten back several tea pots and cups that way.