01 April 2009

Happy Easter

Today I walked to the post office to check the mail and I got a package! Instead of walking all the way back I decided to sit at the bus stop (only a few months old) and wait for a taxi. It's amazing what you can see and experience if you just slow down.
Waiting for my taxi.

After a few minutes of sitting in the sun watching cows get chased out of the road and young guys sitting under the tree yelling greetings to me,I heard singing coming from the other side of a rise in the road. A large group of women came over the rise heading to the Zion Christian Church Wednesday night services. "Hello, Mmapula!"

My mom sent me a package a couple of weeks ago that included Easter presents and candy for the kids in my family. The Phokungwanes are used to me taking photos now, they all suggested that I take pictures of us celebrating Easter. Here's Margaret, Maite, Salome, Karabo, Lethabo, and Charlie.

Karabo with her eggs and little bucket.

Margaret practicing reading English with a book about the ABC's.

Charlie, Lethabo, and Karabo eatin' candy and playing with the plastic eggs.
Happy Easter Break! Keri and I are going on a trip to Venda (in Northern Limpopo) and then traveling down to see some other volunteers' sites.. I'll be sure to post photos when I get back!

3 comments:

Tamiko said...

Have a great trip! I look forward to seeing pictures of your travels.

Peg said...

The kids have grown! Thanks for the photos.

Andrea said...

Happy Easter Megan. Nice pics. I have been snooping around the peace corp's website for a few months, chewing on my future. I'm a 37 year old single mom whose son is about to go off to college. Hmmm, how to quell my restlessness? I have a BA in Cultural Anthropology & have only used it people watching here in the midwest. WOW, right??? I'll check back with you later - have to give up the web for said child to use his XBOX live. Enjoy the Sunshine darlin.-Andrea