01 June 2009

Networking and new friends

This is a true adventure. Every single day provides new things to look at, new things to soak up, new things to do. I'll admit, there are days when I am tired... I just want some calm, I just want some stability... and I've learned that when that's the case, I just give myself calm and stability, I've finally found ways to do that.
Here's the adventure and unexpected excitement for today....
Ledile, Kodumela's Program Manager, is off at a workshop in Jo'Burg for the week, so I'm sitting in her big chair, at her big desk, using the outlet in her office. Woo, this would be a big chair to fill!
I just signed on to check my email and start on some emails about funding that Rejoice and I are seeking and had a most nice surprise. I had an email in my inbox that had me yelling to Rejoice and Maite in the next rooms... had them running to read it, too. After we all read it aloud we were beaming big, big smiles!

Here is the email that brought big smiles:
Megan,

You may remember we spoke for a while when I was part of the Choko trip to Kodumela a few weeks ago (we were standing under the acacia tree by the office).

One of our party was Googling on Kodumela on our return and they discovered your blog, and the entry about your visit to the sponsored children with some of us.

On behalf of all of us, I wanted to thank you for such a lovely posting - I have shared the link with Celia, Tony and Anjie so they could see what you had said and see the photos.

I have really enjoyed reading through a lot of the other entries (better than working....) and it is great to hear what an experience you have had in the ADP, and to hear the messages of hope you share.

It was lovely to meet you, and your gift of time to Kodumela is inspiring. I wish you well for the rest of your posting, and a safe and happy return to Austin.

Perhaps our paths will cross again in the future.

Warmest regards

James
Choko
www.choko.org.uk

A few months ago I wrote a posting here about some visitors Kodumela had from the UK. It was a good week full of little reminders: making connections with people is important, working with Kodumela is important, children are the future and that's important, how much this whole community that I've lived in for the last almost 2 years is thought of around the world. There are good things happening, there is hope... we can never, ever forget that... and we can never stop trying.

1 comment:

Tamiko said...

Big, big smiles coming from me over here, too! :)