04 June 2009

I LOVE Those Schilling Stallions!

A picture for me from Jessica

Woo! My 3rd grade pen pals went all out this last time... beautiful pictures, really long letters, and lots of good things to say. I just finished writing them back tonight and I'm glad I took a little longer to think about it all, decorate their letters a little more. This is one of the first big goodbyes I'm doing. The kids that side are finishing school at the end of June so this batch of letters is the last one. I'm going to miss their funny comments and drawings and am SO glad I had an opportunity to write them. They don't know how much writing to them saved my sanity at times... and helped me to open my eyes to noticing different things about my experience.


Dear Schilling Stallions,
No, you guys ROCK! Thanks for being such good friends and pen pals! It's been really fun writing you, it was always such a treat finding your letters in my mailbox. I hope you continue to learn all kinds of new things about the world, because there is so much to learn!, and that you remember two very important things... be nice to yourself and others AND have fun! Good luck with school next year!
Your Friend,
Megan

Tamiko said while they were posing with the bulletin board she put up in her room for all the things I sent, they all wanted to say "Ta-Da!" So... Ta-Da!



1 comment:

Tamiko said...

You've taught them so much by sharing your experience, Megan! They were so excited to hear from you and we can't wait to get our last batch of letters! Sending hugs!!!