01 June 2009

Invitation


MmaDiapo is planning a big farewell party for me and the projected date is 01 August. Pretty exciting, but woo! there's a lot of planning that's going to go into it. She said she wanted it to be the "most perfect and marvelous party". Turns out that most perfect and marvelous means that we will be giving invitations, family members from around Polokwane (the provincial capital about 2 1/2 hours away) are renting a minibus to be in attendance, I will have a new traditional skirt to wear... AND there will be speeches.
While I watched her scrub her pots, before the sun went down tonight, she told me that I needed to find someone high up in the community who will speak at the party... "Please find someone who knows what you're here for, what your work is, and have them come explain it to the rest of us." HILARIOUS.

4 comments:

Tamiko said...

Oooh...I bet the speeches will be memorable! Try to get it filmed so you can transcribe them later! Do you have a camera that takes video clips?!

Jennifer said...

oh that is hilarious. wow. august 1st! but i haven't sent you a letter yet! Guess I better get on it!!! hugs! Jennifer

bug76 said...

oh man...i am cracking up...hilarious is right!! i can't wait to be there! should i bring a video camera to tape the speeches? :)

Kimberly said...

I wish I could be there to hear what this higher up has to say! That made me laugh.