27 May 2009

It Is Nice To See You So Happy, Mmapula

Dinamune (Jan), Kori, and Kenny (a regular Peace Corps driver)
While I was sitting at my "desk" in Kodumela this morning, while I was thinking out the longest To Do list ever, while I was trying to figure out how I should go about making a plan for my last 3 months in country, I heard a noise and looked up to see Kori, (my APCD-Associate Peace Corps Director- who is basically my direct supervisor on the Peace Corps side of things) and Jan (PA-Program Assistant) walk through the door. Whoa. It was quite a surprise. Site visit! They had driven to Limpopo from Pretoria yesterday and were traveling through my area to check in and see how things were going. As much as I could have been a little nervous... things went really well. Kori talked to Ledile about my work and how things were going with me around, Jan and I sat and talked about how were things were going from my perspective, and then we all met up and talked for a good hour and a half. I was asked a series of questions... how are things going with the other office? Are you doing okay with going from very little work to a lot all at once? How are you feeling about working with Kodumela? Do people treat you well, are you welcomed, is the work load something you can handle and filled with things you're interested in working on? After taking their photo and hugging them bye...Kori turned to me and said, "It is nice to see you so happy. I'm glad things really worked out for you." I am happy. I love my work. I love the people I work with. I love that after so many struggles, so many tries with my first organization, I am ending my service on such a high note, things are working out, and I am finishing with grace (that goes out to you, Judge).

2 comments:

bug76 said...

i love that you are happy

The Walker said...

Hi Megan, hope you remember me - I was at Kodumela with my husband David a few weeks ago. It's great to keep in touch with the ADP through your blog!

I sent a couple of emails to Rejoice last week and I wondered if you would check she got them for me? You can get hold of me at hilaryhandley@gmail.com if there's a problem.

Take care and enjoy your last few weeks at Kodumela!

Hilary
x