04 November 2008

the election. OH! THE ELECTION!


History is happening! All across The United States right now, as I get ready for bed, people have already voted or are going to vote sometime today.. and although I can't be there in person to watch it all unfold.. I'm going to try my hardest to keep up while here in South Africa. I'm going to bed in the next few minutes and will wake up early, early tomorrow morning (the first returns come in around 2am our time)to check on the results. I just wanted to thank everyone for voting, for taking the time out to make your voice heard. While I was walking to catch a taxi today, and proudly wearing my Obama shirt, I passed two high school girls who greeted me in English. After all the hello's and how are you?'s one said," Obama. Today is Election Day in your country. People are voting. I've heard he would make a good leader." And it clicked once again that this just isn't about America and The United States... people all over the world are watching.

No comments: