30 August 2008

all out of sorts

10am Saturday morning- 30 August 2008
I feel distant. Maybe it doesn't help that I really wish I could go back to sleep. Was up at 5 to head to a funeral with MmaDiapo... washed, drank tea, put on my skirt, ironed a shirt, wrapped my hair in a black scarf... put on my shoes... and waited for about an hour before I was told we weren't going. Tried to go back to sleep and did rest for a couple of hours, but everyone else is up and outside working. So here I sit. I just checked the weather to see where Hurricane Gustav is. Looks like by Monday night/early Tuesday morning it will hit land... Vermilion Parish, Louisiana is right in the center of the cone. Gueydan is right in the center of the cone. I have been updated by my family and they are planning on evacuating sometime tomorrow. Hotels north of them are full, so I think they're heading west towards Austin. As much as I know they're going to be ok, they're going to get out of there in time, it still freaks me out. It does. I'm sending good thoughts and prayers out to everyone that side.

No comments: