18 January 2008

the weekend

I'm about to go to bed, I'm still trying to recover from all the sleep I lost a couple of nights ago when Keri was here visiting. Geez, it was awful. It was 98 degrees in my room with the fan on, mosquitoes were eating us alive, we were sharing my new twin bed (thanks to my host mother MmaDiapo who insisted on giving me a "best bed"), and to top it off the electricity went out (as it is prone to do) at about 3 am. It was one of those nights when all you're thinking about is how slow time is passing.
I wish I had the energy to get some words down... describe some of my week, but I'm distracted. Sunday my dear friend Chris aka Karabo is flying back to the States...moving back to the States. Everything has been moving so fast. He told me he was thinking about it Monday and yesterday he was picked up from his village and taken to Pretoria. I'm a lot things right now. Sad. Numb. Disappointed (not with him, but with the whole situation). In denial. I'm already missing him. So tomorrow I'm also heading to Pretoria to send him on his way.. and wish him luck.
I'm going to miss you Karabo, but I know you gotta do what you gotta do.

No comments: