26 April 2009

That Fine Weekend in April

I love hanging out with Jaceson and Jenny... we always have adventures. After Keri and I visited a couple volunteers at their sites over holiday, I realized that I was,very much, due for a visit to Nkowankowa and Jaceson and Jenny's site. On Friday morning I set out to town to meet up with Christy and Zana for coffee, stopped by John and Mary's office for a visit, and then, after a lunch of pizza, I ran into Jaceson at the taxi heading out to their place. Lots of talking, some music swapping, a lovely hike in the mountains, chips and salsa, macaroni and cheese, laughing, and even an episode of Cold Case on TV... a very relaxing weekend all around.

One of the many forests we walked through. Jaceson and Jenny my trail guides.

Our destination was Bob's River, all the way down the side of the mountain we were on. Bob's River was pretty cold, but felt so good. We spent a couple hours sitting on some rocks taking in the waterfalls, eating sandwiches, and watching Jaceson swim.

The view from the top of the mountain and where the trail started. Isn't it beautiful? You can see farms that stretch for miles.

No comments: