15 April 2008

SHELVING

This deserves its very own post for sure... as of 6 pm last night.... MMAPULA HAD SHELVES PUT IN HER ROOM! What a relief. After almost 9 months away from the States, almost 7 months in Metz Village, and 4 months in my permanent room... I can start to unpack my bags. It was kind of stressful, although as usual I seemed to be the only one stressing. After awkward phone conversations, plenty of waiting, language barriers, some stress about haggling the price, some stress about how they would end up, some stress about what, exactly, I was supposed to be doing to help the process along, 4 men showed up yesterday, had some shelves all built and ready to go. Yep. They picked up the finished pieces, held them up against the wall, and when Tanya and I said "Sharp" they eye balled it and pounded some nails in. When those nails were in I wasn't quite sure what to do with myself, hug the guys?, jump up and down?. Relief. Another challenge conquered and more lessons learned. They're sturdy, they're beautifully made, they were more money than I was prepared to spend, they're peace of mind and helping to keep my sanity intact, and they're a true gift to MmaDiapo and this room, for when I'm finished here, they're all hers. Pictures soon!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great story. hope you have worked very hard.waiting for the pictures that shows how the shelves are built. I am waiting the beautiful pictures...
http://www.bigdug.co.uk