21 December 2007

Travel Restriction NO MORE!!!!!

This will be short, but I want to announce to the world and have in the written word that I AM SO EXCITED TODAY! Today, 21 December 2007, the SA-16 Peace Corps group in South Africa is officially free.. officially off the travel restriction that was imposed 3 months ago on the day of our swearing- in. Wow. So now, we are free to travel throughout the country and in celebration I am in town waitin' for a taxi to start my vacation! Three months of travel restriction over. Three months of being an official volunteer behind us. Awesome.
I'm rushing with caffeine and rushing with excitement. Things are just going swimmingly. I am all packed and ready to go to visit some other volunteers in their villages, spend some quality time in the capital city of Pretoria, walk along the beach in Durban, and ring in the new year in St. Lucia. Good food, good conversation, and seeing the sites, here I come! Everything seems to be falling into place. This morning I was up at 5 to get my room all straightened up and to finish last minute packing. I met Tanya (my PCV friend who lives down the road) around 7 :20 and by chance, while we were waiting for a taxi, my host brother drives up and offers us a lift to town.... picking up a couple other people and filling the car all along the way. Town is nuts today... lines for the bank are long, taxis are full, full, full, and shopping carts are brimming with Christmas presents. Happy Holidays/break to everyone! I hope you're spending this time with people you love, eatin' up a storm, and enjoying yourselves. Much Love.

1 comment:

Lady J said...

I hope you are having a fantastic holiday season with your fellow PCVs. Love the blog and its world traveling author. Take care. Jessica.